Among the BBQ foods, smoked brisket is a delicious meal. After making this delicious dish, the last step is to make a slice of brisket meal. For this, you will need the best knife for trimming brisket. Brisket is a very important issue for BBQ foods. The more you cut the brisket into pieces it will affect the presentation of the food.
We call a piece of very tough meat Brisket. This piece of meat needs to be cut perfectly to impress your home guests. An affordable trimming knife will give you a perfectly trimmed brisket every time. These knives are not designed like ordinary kitchen knives. Knives are apart designed for cutting or trimming brisket. We’ve put together a list of the best knife for trimming brisket for you.
This list includes the best manual and electric knives for trimming brisket
Some tips for trimming brisket
- There are some basic rules for trimming brisket. By following the basic rules you can able use the best knife for trimming brisket. My advice should be to trim the fat from the brisket. Because trimming fat from brisket will save cooking time. And will not create excess smoke. The taste of the food depends on your personal preference.
- Use the tip of your finger to remove the fat. Place the knife between the brisket and the fat, holding with the fingers on top of the piece. Use a knife like this and remove the fat.
- Brisket squaring is an important step. Cut off the extra pieces of the selected piece of meat. Extra parts can burn during cooking if not cut. Do this slowly and carefully. Trim the brisket at an angle without making it square.
- The final step is, Make sure there is no excess fat or part left over for the trim.
9 Best Knife for Trimming Brisket – Our Picks Table
1. Victorinox-Swiss-Army- 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife, Granton Blade, Black, 12-Inch
2. Hammer Stahl 14-Inch Carving Knife, X50CrMoV15 Forged German High Carbon Steel Meat Knife with Quad-Tang Pakkawood Handle - Perfect Brisket Slicing Knife
3. Mercer Culinary Millennia Colors Red Handle, 6-Inch Curved, Boning Knife trimming knife
4. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife for Carving Meats, Poultry, Bread, Crafting Foam & More, Storage Case & Serving Fork Included, White
5. Oklahoma Joe's 5789579R04 Blacksmith 3-Piece Knife Set, Gray
6. ARCOS Series Universal-11' Slicing Ham Knife, 11 inch, Black
7. Cuisinart AC Electric Knife, One Size, Black
8. BUBBA Kitchen Series 8" Serrated Knife for easily slicing through bread crusts, meats, tomatoes, and more with a premium German Steel Blade.
9. Dexter Russell SG140-12SC-PCP SofGrip 12" Scalloped Roast Slicer
Below is a detailed review of our best knife for trimming brisket
1. Victorinox-Swiss-Army- 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife
Victorinox has over 130 years of experience in knife production. Feel free to use this cutlery slicing knife. This knife is a favorite object of choice for both home chefs and professionals. The 12″ Fibrox Pro slicing knife is an essential tool for the kitchen. It has a comfortable handle, superior weight, and a razor-sharp Granton blade. This knife rarely needs to be re-sharpening again.
Victorinox products offer excellent quality and a lifetime guarantee against defects. The knife can use for a long time if used with care. The carved knife is a versatile kitchen knife. Made with a round tip and Granton blade. Which creates air pockets to improve the separation of meat.
Stainless steel knives.12-inch blades and a 5.4-inch handle, make a total length of 17.4 inches. The knife has an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip. The knife is weight and balanced for easy handling. With this knife, you can ease make small and thin slices.
The Swiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. Wash the knife with a soapy water cloth and dry immediately.
- Lightweight European steel knife
- Non-slip handle
- Knife suitable for slicing both firm and soft meat
- Long, straight blade
- Essential carving knife
- It is better not to clean this knife in the dishwasher.
2. Hammer Stahl 14-Inch Carving Knife. Perfect Brisket Slicing Knife
Hammer Stahl cutlery is a brand of Heritage steel. This US manufacturer brand supplies kitchen tools around the world. The brand has over 40 years of experience in producing kitchen appliances. This knife has become a favorite of professional chefs, home cooks, and BBQ enthusiasts. Quality tools help make cooking easy and enjoyable.
The knife is an impeccable combination of beauty and functional design. This razor-sharp knife is the perfect brisket slicing. Comes in a beautiful foam box with a magnetic latch for storage and gift-giving.
The quad tang design gives the knife exceptional balance, durability, and superior comfort. The Pakkawood handle mixe with phenolic resin. Which combines the beautiful look of wood for the durability of plastic. Manufacturers provide a lifetime guarantee against any technical defects in materials or workmanship.
Made from high-quality German X50CrMoV15 carbon stainless steel. A Rockwell hardness superior edge knife of precise specification.
- Comfortable grip Pakkawood handle
- 20 Degree cutting angle
- High carbon stainless steel knife
- Perfect brisket slicing knife
- Little high priced for the value
3. Mercer Culinary Millennia Colors Red Handle, 6-Inch
The knife has incomparable performance. Millennia knives are designed with innovative features to meet the needs of chefs. Ergonomic design secure grip handle. Knife made from high-carbon Japanese steel. Can be easily maintained. A razor-sharp knife.
Ideal for trimming knife fat and brisket slicing. Can also use to separate meat from bones. Wash the cutlery by hand with warm water and mild soap after each use. Do not keep it in the dishwasher. And it is not safe to keep it submerged for long periods. This guide will increase the performance and longevity of the knife.
The knife is a great knife that is incredible sharp. Safe to use for beginners.
- Great knife affordable the price
- Very sharp and easy to use
- A Taiwan knife
- Weight only 4.8 ounces
- Dangerous sharp knife
4. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife for Carving
The Hamilton Beach electric knife lets you slice with little effort. Slice the bread, meat, and cheese created with this knife. The knife has a comfortable handle and a stainless steel blade. Never need to sharpen and is easy to clean. You can store the knife in a box that comes with the knife.
You can slice easy meat with this electric knife. Perfect cutting a turkey, ham, or roast beef can be a great initiative. The oscillating, double blade, and power of the electric knife make this task easier.
This electric knife has serrated blades and the included fork is handy for carving. Which is convenient to serve. The ergonomic handle is designed to use with both hands.
No special skills must be for thick or thin slices with a powerful 100-watt electric knife. Knife blade 10-inch made of stainless steel. The blade is dishwasher safe. It is better to wash the blade in warm, soapy water.
- Great crafting knife
- Stainless steel blade and fork
- Carving meat and slicing knife all types of bread
- The weight of the knife may be somewhat unbalanced
5. Oklahoma Joe’s Blacksmith 3-Piece Knife Set
This knife set offers a versatile use for trimming and slicing. This is a full-tang knife. Single blades that vary in thickness and edges. Supported by thick bolster and riveted construction. Can at ease rely on this knife for cutting meat. Oklahoma has been helping pit-masters develop barbecue flavors in crafts since 1987.
This knife set includes a brisket knife, boning knife, and utility knife. The brisket knife is 16.34 inches long. And the boning knife is 11.28 inches, the utility knife is 9.18 inches long. Knives are much better with quality and sharp cutting edges. For the price this knife set is great.
The knife set helps with all kinds of things including cooking. Especially trimming and cutting brisket. You can use the set to trim fat from the brisket and to break down a chicken bone.
- Includes a protective knife roll for storage and transport
- Full-tang handles
- Stainless steel knives
- The handles made of ABS plastic
- Knives are not dishwasher safe
6. ARCOS Series Universal-11′ Slicing Ham Knife, 11 inches
The ARCOS series knives are a little different from other brands. These knives are 99.9% bacteria-free. The blade is different for special silk blades. The master combines the skills and knowledge of cutters with technology to create knives. For this reason, you will get a perfect cut with a knife. The sharpness and durability of the knife will amaze you.
The main feature of the handle is the half ferrule (or metal collar). Which gives the advantage of cutting and sharpening. With made in Polyoxymethylene (POM). Detergent resistant for cleaning and tolerant of very high temperatures. Spanish Flexible Knife is designed to cut very thin slices of Spanish serrano ham.
Great knife for beef ham. Enough flexible and solid build stays sharp for several cuts. The blade steel is of great quality.
- Bactiproof silver
- Blade material alloy steel
- Hand wash only
- Made in Spain-Since 1734
- Item weight only 0.41 Pounds
- Check compatibility before purchasing the knife
7. Cuisinart AC Electric Knife, One Size (best knife for trimming brisket)
- The stainless steel micro-serrated blade slices bread and meat quite.
- Comfortable ergonomic handle for both-handed use
- Carving/serving fork with stainless steel tines
- With a compact bamboo cutting board
- Blade release button
- Dishwasher cleanup blade
- The safety lock button locks the knife instant when the trigger release
Cuisinart CEK-41 AC electric slice knife. The knife set includes a carving or serving fork and a bamboo cutting board. The power handle, blade, and fork fit nicely in their trays when not in use.
The ultra-sharp blade of the electric knife carves the meat fast smooth. And you can slices the bread fast smoothly. The ergonomic handle is comfortable. Allows you to cut one consistent slice after another. A simple trigger on/off switch.
Knife boxes have – motor/base, fork, bamboo cutting board, blade, storage tray under the tray.
- Stainless steel blade
- Comfortable ergonomic handle
- Easy to clean blades
- Holding the “On” button can be a bit tedious
8. BUBBA Kitchen Series 8″ Serrated Knife for easily slicing knife
- 12.5 inches length, 8 inches serrated blade, with 4.5″ handle
- Perfect sharp long-lasting edge for slicing needs
- Durable premium German stainless steel blade
- Professional quality and balanced knife
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
The BUBBA 8 “serrated knife does not damage meat the soft inside. You can cut a crust of meat or hard bread. The sharp blade, long-lasting edge allows you to carve fine flesh.
Premium German steel blade slicer knife. BUBBA knives are sharp knives in water and the kitchen. This knife G10 handle adds the perfect amount of personality to your kitchen.
- Quality craftsmanship
- Perfect balance for slicing &carving
- Optimized hardness for a long-lasting blade
- This knife is easy to use
- The knife can rust if not cleaned every use it
9. Dexter Russell PCP SofGrip 12″ Scalloped Roast Slicer
The Dexter Russell SG140 roast slicer is a very effective knife for a professional chef. This is a very sturdy appearance knife. This allows the brisket to slice accurately. Experienced chefs recommend buying a Dexter 12-inch slicer knife for cutting beef.
The scalloped roast slicer is designed for comfort. The soft rubber handle gives a non-slip grip. The scalloped edge of the high-carbon steel blade helps the roast to cut. The knife is sharp, of the right length and weight. This is the only knife you can use to cut brisket or other large pieces of meat.
- Stain-Free &high-carbon steel blade
- Handle material rubber & color white
- NSF certified slicer
- Made in the USA
- The slicer is not dishwasher safe
Best Knife for Trimming Brisket: Buyer’s Guide
Here are some tips to help you get to buy the best knife for trimming brisket-
The high-quality steel knives are of good quality. The best knife for trimming brisket should be made of thin stainless steel. This makes the knife sharp and can easily cut a piece of meat. Air-pocketed knives allow the meat to be cut smoothly into thin slices. This prevents the meat from sticking to the knife.
The size of the knife is important according to the type of work. For you to cut large pieces of meat you can pick long knives. Smaller blades knives are more commonly used for trimming meat.
Flexible knives can do the job of trimming well. Consider the flexibility of the knife for trimming. Trimming knives need to be flexible and sharp.
The handle of the best knife for trimming brisket should be comfortable. The handle must have an ergonomic design. The ergonomic design handle knife fits your hand perfectly. Consider a nonslip grip handle for the knife handle to avoid accidents.
Final Thoughts the best knife for trimming brisket
Choosing the best brisket knife to slice can be a little tricky for you. You can invest in my listed knives for slicing brisket. These knives can also help you cut pieces of delicious brisket. Allow the brisket to rest for 15 to 20 minutes to keep the juice inside the meat. Get ready for brisket cutting by removing excess fat.
I have included in this review’s manual and electric knife for cutting brisket. You can use 6-10 inch long blades to make precise small slices. Can use 11-14 inches blades to make very thin slices. Each blade of knives is very sharp, durable, and easy to clean. Since these knives are used to cut meat and fat. So before the fat drying, wash it by hand with soap and warm water.