The best pocket knife for fishing. You can need to carry a knife when you go on a sea or river travel for fishing. If the knife is a pocket knife for fishing, think about your safety. I think you should choose a folding pocket knife that doesn’t hurt.
There are different types of knives for cutting fish. Fishermen use different knives to facilitate fish cutting. Besides folding knives, you can also carry safety caver knives. Considering your needs I have reviewed a list of the best pocket knives.
Consider what type of pocket knives you need. Delicate touch knife with an aggressive grip. The knife for slicing and dicing. The knives on my list are strong and durable which may be the most suitable for you.
This list includes the best pocket folding fillet knife & pocket fishing folding Knife for fishing
Some Tips for Best Pocket Knife For Fishing
How to Kill, Fillet, and Cook Fish
- Easy to use ergonomic, rubberized, non-slip grip handle knives. These knives are easy to control.
- Consider buying a full tang knife. This ensures the durability of the knife blade.
- To clean the blade, wash the knife in warm, soapy water. And dry the knife.
- You will work fishing in freshwater or saltwater. Freshwater will not harm the fishing knife. You can safely wash the knife with fresh water after each use.
- Saltwater can do a lot of damage to the blade. Because saltwater is highly corrosive. The knife can fast become dull and rusty. After using your knife in saltwater, wash the knife with fresh water and let the knife dry completely. This will wash the salt out of the knife and protect the blade from rapid rust.
10 Best Pocket Knife For Fishing – Our Picks Table
1. Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops SWA24S 7.1in S.S. Folding Knife with 3.1in Serrated Clip Point Blade and Aluminum Handle for Outdoor, Tactical, Survival, and EDC
2. GANZO Firebird FH91-BK Pocket Folding Knife D2 Steel Blade G10 Handle Camping Fishing Hunting EDC Knife (Black)
3. Ruike Tactical Folding Knife Small Pocket Knife with Clip EDC Camping Fishing hiking Knives Frame Lock 14C28N Steel Black Outdoor Indoor Work Utility Knife Tool Men Women Belt P128-SB
4. Kershaw Clash Pocket Knife, Black Serrated (1605CKTST); 3.1” Stainless Steel Blade with Black-Oxide Coating; Glass-Filled Nylon Handle with SpeedSafe Opening and Reversible Pocketclip; 4.3oz
5. CRKT M16-14DSFG EDC Folding Pocket Knife: Special Forces Everyday Carry, Tan Serrated Edge Blade, Tanto, Automated Liner Safety, Dual Hilt, Desert G10 Handle, 4-Position Pocket Clip, Color-Desert Tan Blade / G10 Handle
6. Kershaw Folding Fillet (1258X), K-Texture Knife; Flexible and Corrosion Resistant 420J2 Stainless Steel Blade, Manual Opening, Black Glass-Filled Nylon Handle with K-Texture Grip, Ideal for Fishing
7. Case Yellow Fishing Pocket Knife,
Length 4.25 inches closed condition,
Weight 2.7 ounces.
8. Rapala Folding Fish Pro Fillet 5", Multi, Pocket Knife, Easy release with lock-back design.
9. SZCO Supplies 12.5" Folding Sport Fish Fileting Knife, Black (210815)
10. Outdoor Edge Fish & Bone - Folding Fillet Knife with 5.0" 440A Stainless Steel Blade for Fish and Processing Big Game - Pocket Clip
Below is a detailed review of our best pocket knife for fishing
1. Smith & Wesson Extreme Folding Fishing Knife
- Good quality with a decent price
- Easy to handle
- 7.1 inches overall length
- With a blade length of 3.1 inches
- Weight of 3.5 ounces
- Textured material Comfortable grip handle
- Convenient size
- The knife is easy to open
- Black carbon steel blade
- Partially serrated blade
This knife making of reliable black oxide high carbon stainless steel. And with an aluminum handle. The knife is solid and sharp and uses steel high carbon stainless steel for making blades. Wesson’s Extreme Ops Fishing Knife is a partially serrated durable knife. And a folded knife. An ideal knife to carry every day. Knife with a convenient pocket clip, finger flipper, and ambidextrous thumb knobs. With the safety of the liner lock, the blade will not slip.
The knife can open fast and easily when it needs to use with one hand. The handle feature uses textured material. And finger indentation makes the knife safe to use. Your S&W knife will be a tool you can rely on in any situation. The quality affected knife is perfect for your jean pocket and will hold very well in your hand.
Smith & Wesson knives have the same quality as Smith & Wesson firearms. Smith knives have special features such as a solid Lockback design, and a tactical folder. And concealable fixed blade. Features include thumb knobs, safety locks, a full tang design, and ergonomic grips. The knife is made with high-quality materials. And knives designed for rugged use. Smith & Wesson Knives will perform year after year.
2. GANZO Firebird Pocket Folding Knife ( Fishing Hunting EDC Knife)
- Total length: 20.3 centimeters
- Blade length: 8.8 centimeters
- The knife weighs: 4.2 ounces
- Blade thickness: 3.5 millimeters
- Special feature: Foldable
- Fishing Hunting EDC Knife
- Lightweight knife
The GANZO FH91-BK pocket folding knife is designed for use in tourism, fishing, outings, and traveling. The knife is a reliable assistant for the active person. If you can keep the blade sharp and the knife clean it will last for many days. This knife made for long and efficient work.
The handle is G10 fiberglass. Strength, temperature resistance, free from mechanical damage. Comfortable to use and the knife will not slip. The blade allows versatility and the knife is rust-resistant. Rockwell scale has an excellent hardness of 60 units. A pocket-sized knife with a drop-point blade shape. The flipper knife made with reliable D2 steel and the cutting features is remarkable.
The spine of the knife has an inlaid pattern. The product has round metal bearings and an ergonomic hilt with a deep groove. A clip provides on the knife for comfortable carrying. The clip hook can hold the knife in your pocket. You can fasten it with your belt again.
The FH91 model knife is a laconic, simple, and convenient knife for everyday use. But, the knife can also use for household chores at home.
3. Ruike Tactical Folding Pocket Knife, EDC Camping Fishing hiking Knife
- 100% Money back guarantee knife
- Knife open condition: 8.54 inches
- Closed condition: 4.88 inches
- Weight: 159gram
- Blade length: 3.66 inches
- Thickness: 3.5mm
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Handle material: Metal, alloy steel
Ruike tactical folding small pocket knife. With clip, EDC camping fishing is suitable for hiking. You can cut the fish quick and smooth action. The knife is razor-sharp, stout frame-lock, all bearing structures, and can use safely. The pocket knife has a nice feeling of smooth opening action. Great for opening with one hand with the perforated surface of the locking tab.
The blade makes by a sandwich cryogenic treatment system with high solid (58-60HRC). The knife contains a high-carbon chromium rolling bearing washer. This makes the folding knife open or close spread faster than ordinary outdoor camping knives.
Beta Plus Lock converts your folding knife into a fixed-blade knife. The curvature of the blade edge makes this folder a great cut. The small EDC knife is perfect for camping, hiking, fishing outdoors, or indoor EDC applications. EDC utility pocket knife with a clip. Suitable for carrying men and women every day.
A chemistry that is effective for edge sharpening, edge durability, and corrosion resistance. The 3Cr14N stainless steel handle features high quality for strong corrosion resistance. Also, the stainless steel handle is a stonewash. Which gives you a feeling of authentic delicate and comfortable touch.
4. Kershaw Clash Pocket Fishing Knife
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Handle Material: Glass-reinforced nylon
- Overall knife length: 5.25 inches
- Blade length: 3.1 inches
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
The Kershaw Clash Knife is affordable. Great knife for both left and right-handed users. And the knife can directly apply the hardness. The powerful Kershaw knife is a top choice for all-purpose users. The three-inch blade is perfect for any task. Attack boxes, heavy plastic, or big-bellied blade ropes with a slight hint of recurve. And it improves slicing. There is no need to sharpen the blade again and again. Safely opens the blade with one hand with speed.
This Black Clash knife is a great tool for any hiker, fisherman, hunter, angler, or gardener. The feature-rich handle includes a speeding safe assistant open, and a built-in flipper. And a secure locking liner, and convenient reversible pocket clips. Drop-point, partially serrated blade suitable for everyday work.
Stainless steel blades with a black-oxide finish hold sharp edges. Textured glass-filled nylon handle scales offer a solid grip with a comfortable feel.
5. CRKT M16 EDC Folding Pocket Fishing Knife
- Folding knife with liner lock
- Blade Length: 3.88 inches
- Edge: Veff serrations
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Handle material: Fiberglass
- Product care instructions: Hand wash only
- Blade finish: Titanium Nitride
- Blade thickness: 0.14 inches
- Closed Length: 5.25 inches
- Open Length: 9.25 inches
- Weight: 5.9 ounces
The knife is of very good quality and designed by the military to use in all environments. Carson Flipper for quick deployment and unshakeable security. Which gets double the power for the blade guard. Features open chamber handles to reduce weight and clean the knife in the field. Superior security automatic liner for safety.
Some information about M16. Both the M16 anatomy and the Carson flipper are now the mainstays of the M16 design knife. Carson Flipper Blade Magazine inductee into the Cutlery Hall of Fame.
This knife is safe to use. The automatic liner safety lock provides an extra layer of security. The titanium nitride finish method is enough to prevent corrosion of the knife. The extremely sharp knife provides superior cutting power for all tasks. Limited lifetime warranty knife. The warranty covers any defects in materials or technology.
The holes in the mouth of each M16 handle set it apart from other knives in the industry. The ergonomic design handle creates a bomber grip amid rain, grit, and grime.
The G10 desert uses stainless steel liners with tan scales and friction grooves. The G10 often has an aggressive gripping texture and is lightweight. It cools the heat and warms it colder than metal.
6. Kershaw Folding Fillet K-Texture Fishing Knife
- The blade is corrosion-resistant.
- An ideal knife for marine environments.
- The handle is durable for filleting comfort.
- Attractive blade finish
- Handle material glass-reinforced nylon
- Special feature – foldable blade
- Blade material stainless steel
- Item weight – 0.1 Kilograms
- Knife dimensions LxWxH – 6 x 1 x 1 inches.
Chefs will want the Kershaw folding fillet texture knife as part of their fishing gear or tackle box. This fillet knife is ideal for use in wet fishing environments. The blade bends without breaking and can pass easily through the body of the fish.
This durable knife is suitable for skinning, filleting, cleaning, and cutting fish bones. The blade, made from Japanese 420J2 stainless steel, has excellent corrosion resistance. And the blade has razor-sharp edges. The blade, made of tough and soft steel, is easy to sharpen again.
Filleting provides the right amount of “flex” to make the job easier. The glass-filled nylon handle with K-texture provides a strong grip. The knife ensures its robust use in all environmental conditions. The knife opens manually, and the folding knife. Secures the blade when using a back lock. The knife easy is to carry and use for chefs, bakers, campers, hunters, and fishermen.
Kershaw’s advanced technology crafts make reliable knives. Its high-quality, high-performance folding pocket knives dominate the market. Makes affordable knives for all consumers.
7. Case Yellow Fishing Pocket Knife
- Great pocket knife for fishing.
- Tru-Sharp surgical steel blades.
- Long clip blade and scaler with hook disgorger.
- Smooth yellow synthetic handle.
- Length 4.25 inches closed condition.
- Weight 2.7 ounces.
- Limited lifetime warranty knife.
- Great for cleaning fish knife.
Case Fishing Knife is part of the Yellow SS family. The distinctive yellow handle brightens this knife. The fishing knife is your ideal companion for adventure on the lake, river, or ocean. This folding knife has a long clip blade. And scaler with hook disgorger and hook sharpening stone. The long clip blade is used as a multi-purpose blade. Bradford, PA, USA made this knife from domestic and imported materials.
The fish scaler blade has a serrated design that makes fish scaling easier. The edge is not too sharp which allows the blade to go under the fish scales. And the knife flakes them without damaging the skin. The hook disgorger at the tip of the fish scaler blade uses to remove the hook from the fish moth. A special feature of the hook sharpener place only in fishing knives.
This knife creates of Case Tru-Sharp Stainless Steel. Special high-carbon steel that helps keep the blade sharp for longer. It is an exceptional blade that offers strength and corrosion resistance. This pocket knife is suitable to use for fishing and outdoors. The length of the blades is 3 and 1/2 inches from the tip to the end of the bolster.
8. Rapala Folding Fish Pro Fillet 5″, Multi, Pocket Knife
- Compact size folding knife for easy storage
- Easy release with lock-back design.
- Item weight – 0.34 pounds
- Product Dimension: 5 inches (overall length)
- Blade Length: 3.5 inches
- Wide: 12.7 (Centimeters)
- Materials: Japanese stainless-steel
- Handle: Ergonomic comfortable grip handle
The Rapala Folding Fish Pro fillet knife stays sharp for many days, is easy to use, and easy to sharpen. You can at ease cut through bone structure and tough skin with high polished blades. The knife can be conveniently folded with an easy release lock-back design.
The cutting task is the perfect size for a large variety of uses. And the perfect balance knife. Super sharp cutting edge with comfortable grip handle. The best controllable pocket fillet knife. The knife is being made of handbag Japanese steel with a flexible blade progressive tape. The ergonomic handle fits in your hand with increased protection.
9. SZCO Supplies Folding Sport Fish Filleting Knife
- Overall length:12.5 inches
- Handle: 7-inches
- Blade length; 5.5 inches,
- Thickness: 0.5-inch or 2 mm
- Special feature: Lightweight & Foldable knife
- Blade material: Stainless steel
- Handle material: Plastic
- Package Weight: 0.05 Pounds
This knife is a lightweight filet knife. The compact knife for travel is a fixed 7-inch folding knife. Use this fishing knife for all aquatic adventures, from baiting, fileting, and gutting. And an ideal knife for kitchen use. Can be a great gift for fishermen.
The fishing knife blade constructs from durable stainless steel. Treated to optimize edge retention for long-term use. And this method prevents resistance to corrosion of the knife. The fishing knife is a long and lightweight solid plastic handle. Featuring a lock-back mechanism and ergonomic shape for a secure comfortable hold.
For fishing in the river, the knife works great for cutting bait and gutting fish. It can filet a small fish and is flexible enough and sharp. Above all, don’t compare it to an expensive knife. This is a well-folded filet knife at a low price. You can keep this knife in the collection. The folding filet knife will work well.
You can keep this foldable knife in your pocket without fear of poking or cutting yourself. I would recommend this knife to any fisherman or sea traveler.
10. Outdoor Edge Fish & Bone-Folding Fillet Knife
- Blade material: 440A stainless steel
- Handle material: Zytel with nonslip TPR inserts
- Overall knife length: 11.3 inches
- Blade: 5 inches
- Knife with pocket clip & Mossy Oak nylon belt sheath.
- Weigh- 3.5 ounces.
- Lightweight, Foldable knife
The Outdoor Edge fish and bone Knife is a great pocket knife. It fish fillet and deboning folding knife. Thin, lightweight, and easily fits in your pocket, backpack, tackle box, or fishing bag. The handle is a double-molded Zytel feature handle. A secure, non-slip grip handle with rubberized, non-slip TPR insert. With the knife, you can cut filleting trout, crappie, bass, catfish, walleye, perch, salmon, and rockfish.
It’s easy to locate handle color is great and well made. Folding closed or open until the knife is locked feels smooth and firm like a quality tool. There is a lock on the back of the handle so it is easy to operate. The great feature of the knife is that the blade is tightly locked during the opening. The handle has a nice shape, and a good grip between the sides of the handle. The belt case is lightweight and durable.
If you plan to go fishing on a bicycle trip, or sea trip, keep this compact lightweight knife with you. This right price knife does a great job of filleting fish. Holds one edge for a very long time and is easy to sharpen.
Best Pocket Knife For Fishing – Buyer’s Guide
A knife is extremely important for every fisherman’s sharp tool. Besides cutting fish, they need fishing knives to cut line, rope, or bait. The best fishing knife needs to be sharp and versatile enough to use. The blade you choose to buy must be the best to use. Important factors to consider when buying a fishing knife are the blade and its size, flexibility, handle, and material. My buying guide can help you choose a great fishing knife.
When buying a knife it is important to consider the details and features of each. My guideline to buying the best pocket knife for fishing can save you time and money.
Only knives made of stainless steel material have durable and sharp features. Stainless steel blades have a weight balance. With weight balancing knives you can ease cut or pierce fish scales. High carbon stainless-steel knives will allow you to fillet properly.
With a low-quality blade, you can complete these necessary tasks. This can save you money but the knife will quickly lose its sharpness and will not last long.
Much depends on the size of the knife for cutting large and small fish. If you want to do big fishing, you can choose a larger blade knife. Want to cut a small fishing line, Keep a small and compact knife with you. Filament knives range from 7 inches to 9 inches. Versatile knives are often shorter.
The flexibility of the blade can be an important consideration. The flexibility of the blade is usually unique to each knife design. The less flexible the blade, the easier it is to remove fish scales and hard skin. Greater flexibility for cleaning small fish will allow you to make fine cuts. Most blades have 1-2 inches of flexibility and the thinner the blade, the more flexible it will be.
The next most important element for you to buying a fishing knife is the handle. No matter how slippery when fishing in the water, the knife will stick sit firmly in your hand. The handle should be a handle made of durable, non-slip, rubberized material. The best handle for a fishing knife should be durable to withstand all weather conditions.
Warm soapy water can use for cleaning to make the knife last forever. Dry your knife blade with a piece of cloth to avoid rust. So it is important to clean and dry the blade.
You need to have the best idea of how to use the fishing knife. Again, many people use it often professionally. These knives are apart designed to do fine work like fish filleting or scaling. A fixed blade or folding pocket knife is used to fillet the fish. Again these knives have versatile uses. Fishermen want to make fish fillets without changing the blade of the knife to avoid trouble.
You can use fishing knives very ease. Don’t think this task is difficult. Pocket knives can be folded in half and are easy to carry. With a very sharp blade, you can able cut a fish smoothly. The knives on my list are durable, sharp, modern in design, and long-lasting. It is an easy-to-follow guideline for choosing a fishing knife.
You may want to use a knife more than once. And don’t buy the knife you need again and again. For this, your knife selection work has to be right. Since fishermen fish in the sea, rivers, or mountain streams, they prefer knives that are easy to carry and pack. You can confidently rely on our picks for the best fishing knives.
Our Fish Fillet Related Knife & Sharpener Reviews:
Fillet Knife For Catfish (Manual & Electric Fillet Knife)
Electric Fillet Knife For Crappie